[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 892: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:8)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 892: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:8)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3405: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:8)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3407: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:8)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3408: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:8)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3409: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:8)
SethEden Forums • View topic - Project Mercury Progress

SethEden Forums

A place you can LEARN and GROW!

It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Project Mercury Progress
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:20 pm 
Site Admin

Hey guys, I just had a quick update on Project Mercury for the first time in many many years.

This just shows that I've built the switch labes as vector objects rather then texture maps, and created a new screw-head that is more realistic from what the real Mercury panel looks like.

Have a look for yourself!
Enjoy, more to come...
:mrgreen:

Cheers
~Seth

Post subject: Re: Project Mercury Progress
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:40 pm 
Site Admin

Finally got the Merc01 Fuse Panel completely finished. Actually I got this all done the same night I posted the other picture, just that I had to do some administrative work on the objects of the panel. Such as grouping of objects, a little bit of scaling, naming of objects so they all fit a standard naming rule, etc... Stuff like that.

Anyways here is the final version, the only changes to this will be a bracket that will have rivets fastening it to the adjacent panel once they both come together.

Enjoy! :mrgreen:
Cheers
~Seth

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:48 am 
Site Admin

Hey I did this a few weeks ago, but modeling has stalled a little because I'm planning to get married in the next 6 days. So needless to say, I've been a little busy with wedding preparations.

Here is the picture from a few weeks ago:
I should also note that I printed many of the best pics from the control panel and had my friend Criag Russell from Americans In Orbit-50 Years to give the pics to T.J. O'Malley former launch director for Mercury! He really appreciated seeing these panel pictures. That makes me happy to know that someone who was there and participated in those historic launches appreciated the efforts to model the Mercury control panel.

Darn the image is to big to post directly here, I'll see if I can get it modified and inserted, here is the link to view it:
http://www.setheden.com/SethEdenPer/3DM ... ew_Dev.jpg

Enjoy!
Cheers
~Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:25 am 
Site Admin

Got an update on the Merc02 panel, this version is done.
I still got another version to work on for this panel.

Cheers
~Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:39 am 
Site Admin

Ok some new updates, I've reworked this whole panel with all new NURBS, or Non-Uniform B-Splines and other geometry objects that are much easier to edit then the previous version that was done with texture maps. Almost everything on this panel that you see below is now done with vector objects.

You see a few months ago I discovered that each of the Mercury control panels each have slightly different features. Because there are 5 different Mercury flights and the control panels were never standardized it means that I need to make custom panels for each of the flights that were flown, and the only way to do that is to make the panels easy to customize with vector defined objects. So this is the latest, newest and improved Mercury control panel.

I'm currently looking for any research materials or referance photographs of the Mercury control panels. If anybody has any please let me know, or post them here, or let me know where I can find them. Anyways, as you can see I've got the main features on at least 2 different panels completely finished. With these two panels done I should easily be able to customize the features for the remaining 3 panels much easier!

The panel I have the least amount of information and data about is the Freedom 7, so again if you have any additional info, please let me know. In the mean time, enjoy!

Cheers
~Seth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:23 am 
Site Admin

Ok, yet another update, as you will see I've started to customize each panel for each mission that was flown. Such as Freedom 7 Merc01 panel. I still need to rework the Merc01 panel for the other 5 missions, Friendship 7, Aurora 7, Sigma 7, Faith 7 and Liberty Bell 7.

This is a taste of things to come:

Cheers and Enjoy!
~Seth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:09 pm 
Site Admin

Well now I'm working on really customizing each of the panels. This time I got Aurora 7 done.

If your looking at this image and wondering what is different you'll have to look closely. However, I assure you there are some differences.

Cheers and Enjoy!
~Seth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:11 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, finally finished yet another Merc01 panel. This time its Faith 7.

Only have Liberty Bell 7, Friendship 7 and Sigma 7 left. From what I can tell Liberty Bell 7 and Friendship 7 are exactly the same from the perspective of the Merc01 panel, so that should go a little faster.

Have look and enjoy!

Cheers
~Seth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:15 pm 
Site Admin

Well, this one went faster then the others, so I won't complain!

Liberty Bell 7 & Friendship 7

Cheers & Enjoy
~Seth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:59 pm 
Site Admin

Well, more progress today, seems things are moving right along.

Now, FINALLY I'm done re-working the Merc01 panel for good, done forever!!!

This is the Sigma 7.

Time to start work on the Merc02 panel....YET AGAIN!
I'm getting tired of working on these two panels for the last friggin 5 years!
I just wanna get them completely done for good!
I think I'm getting close!

Cheers & Enjoy!
~Seth