[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 892: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:8)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 892: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:8)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3405: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:8)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3407: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:8)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3408: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:8)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3409: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:8)
SethEden Forums • View topic - New Podcast page coming soon

SethEden Forums

A place you can LEARN and GROW!

It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:40 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please keep disucussions at a resonable level, no swearing, flaming other members or baiting. Keep your posts on topic to the subject of the particular podcast(s).

Post subject: New Podcast page coming soon
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:27 am 
Site Admin

I've been working really hard lately on processing a series of theological seminars to post as podcasts on the up-and-coming pod-casts page. I just reformatted my HD so that I could install the trial version of Adobe Audition 3.0. It's worked and I've made massive progress on the audio processing and remastering in the last two days!

The audio for these files came dubbed from a second generation set of audio tapes. That is a master set of tapes could not be found and I had to use a copy of the original to make the dub into the computer. For those of you who are born in the digital age, a copy of an audio tape is never as good as the original. Just like a copy of a document with a xerox copier is never as good as the original document.

Also the original set of tape recordings was never all that good to begin with. Sometimes the audio is faded out on the left or right channel or both channels, if I'm very unlucky. Additonal problems of a washed out base, and a background hiss complicate matters.

Fortunately Adobe Audition comes with a powerful suite of tools, some of them taken from the powerful acoustical diagnostic systems on hunter-killer and nuclear submarines.

I'll have to post a photo of this system later cause it looks totally cool on my new setup! Those of you that are into Audio Engineering will really appreciate this!

So basically I've been using a nice heuristics system to remove the hiss, also going through and normalizing both left and right channels for every part of each of the audio programs I will eventually post. It's a LOT of work!! I know there are some people out there who will appreciate the work I'm doing on this. I don't expect to get paid for my work other than your appreciation and enjoyment of the programs. I know there will be people who do not like these programs, and guess what.....you don't have to download them or listen to them.

That said I've had several requests for these programs in the last few weeks and months, and even through till last year. So some of you out there have been waiting for me to get this done for a rather long time. Of course these recordings are held in copyright by another vendor so I need to be sure and get permission for publiction. That will not be an issue, however.

Cheers, and hope you like the new site design I'm pulling together. ;)
Seth

Post subject: Re: New Podcast page coming soon
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:31 pm 
Site Admin

Anything below about 180 Hz on both the audio channels, after tape conversion to digital was found to be garbled base sounds and noise mixed in with the speakers voice. So I have removed all the audio below about 180 Hz. This gives a better and clear sounding speech recording.

Cheers
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:49 pm 
Site Admin

Well I finally got all the new Amazing Facts Seminar Audio for the podcasts finished today.

I also remastered another song that i'm trying to figure out the author, maybe by posting the song I can find the composer if someone online knows who it's by, I hope to find additional music by the same author, or even contact the author to find out the meaning of the song if there ever was intended to be any meaning.
:ugeek:

Cheers
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:50 pm 
Site Admin

I found a nice new program out there for converting WAV files to MP3 files.

http://audiocodec.sourceforge.net/

It's working really great and does batch conversion as well, even has VBR, CBR and ABR settings, not to mention the ability to export to Orgis Vorbis, for those of you who like the new format there.

Cheers
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:29 pm 
Site Admin

Finally got the new podcasts page done.
http://www.setheden.com/SethEdenPer/Podcasts/index.htm
Comments, Suggestions, etc welcome...

~Seth